A Brief Outline Of The Rules For Chess:
- The ultimate goal in the game of chess, is to trap your opponent's king.
This is called checkmate and you win.
- White always moves first.
- Each player takes a turn (must move one piece)
- Each type of piece has its own method of movement
- A piece may be moved to another position or may capture an opponent's piece
- This is done by landing on the appropriate square
with the moving piece and removing the defending piece from play.
- With the exception of the knight,
a piece may not move over or through any of the other pieces
- For More Information On The Standard Rules Of Chess,